Tuesday, April 22, 2014

An Adventure In Self-Publishing – POST #5

Now, finally... Bloodridge, the first title in the "Spies Lie" series is almost complete. The cover, by Jeroen Ten Berge, is done. The copyediting, by Karl Yambert, is done. The formatting into PDF for the Ingram's / LightningSource and CreateSpace print versions of the book is done, by Booknook.biz. All I'm waiting on now is Booknook.biz's formatting of the book into epub and mobi versions for Nook and Amazon.

So far, I'm impressed with the result. My publicist, Brandi Andres, has helped arrange guest columns in the Huffington Post on political and technology issues. To help with "discoverability,"  I've asked several authors I know (or who I've been directed to by other authors I know) to write reviews or blurbs, and now I'm waiting on them. In just a few days, I'll be offering the ebook version to readers who promise reviews on Goodreads and my Amazon author's page (which I must now create).

The total cost for all this is within 15% of my budget. And, I'll make my target date of June 14 for Bloodridge's release.

So, with the pre-release work on Bloodridge now complete, I'll begin focus on book 2, DeathByte. As the song says, "The road goes on forever and the party never ends..."

No comments:

Post a Comment