Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We’re all Prisoners of the Medical System… And we’re on Death Row

May 5, 2011

Just in case you’re healthy, take a look at what you’ll face when you’re not: The FDA belongs to drug companies, and they’d rather treat diseases than cure them. Of course, curing a disease is suicide to a medical corporation since once you’re cured, you are no longer a customer. It’s come to my attention that on several occasions, a large pharmaceutical company has purchased the stock of a corporation which has developed a cure for one of the diseases they treat. The large corporation then “sunsets” the cure, placing it in their inventory of research not to be pursued.

I keep a count of such things. From the leaks I’ve encountered, so far three cures for cancer and two cures for Type I diabetes have been sunsetted.

Of course, I have no real proof to offer. If I did and offered it, the pharmaceutical companies I named would sue me. So, do your own research. It’s not that hard.

The ethics of sunsetting a cure for any disease are questionable at best. The FDA and the SEC let this happen. It’s capitalism at its best. Conservatives don’t notice the lack of ethics and liberals don’t seem to care either.

When Obama rushed the Health Care bill into law, he and the democrats made many compromises. One of them appears to be that there won’t be any improved regulation of big pharmaceutical companies. In my opinion, this is not good.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment